June 3, 2007

First Days @ Hong Kong

Finally am back to Hong Kong. Joined the company on 1st June and had a weekend to assemble things up. The first assignment starts tomorrow and should be promising.

There are quite a few things that have changed since my last visit. A lot of new buildings have come up, new shops have replaced older ones, and even the life-line escalator has been renamed to (and aptly so) travellator. More on HK in days to come when I fully explore the place.

This time around I had a 10 hour transit time at the Singapore Airport. I had thought of various ways to kill time before boarding my plane, but once I landed on the airport, time just flew past by. To begin with, there are free internet terminals everywhere, so one can easily spend a lot of time over them. Then there are those big malls which I believe are bigger than those in Gurgaon and Bangalore. I then took a free 2-hour singapore tour where we were taken around the place in a bus (including half an hour ride in a ferry on river named 'Singapore'). Got to know various facts about the city from the tour guide.

After I came back from the tour, had my lunch at Burger King. The guys there actually made a Veg Burger on request. Then I took a 2 hour nap at the oasis lounge where there are free massage machines. And when I was finally awake, it was only 45 mins to baord the plane.

Singapore Airport is the best airport I have seen till now. It actually much better than the HK airport which I have heard is one of the better ones in the world.

No comments: