November 14, 2010

One New Thing A Week

I stumbled upon an interesting blog today - named Done Thing. This blog is about something I promise myself almost every year, and then forget all about it. For the past couple of years, I have been making a 'Things To Do Before I Die' list, but its soon forgotten. Let me make a fresh start once again.

This blog talks about doing a new things every week. And the definition of the new things is just something which we do not do in our daily life. It could be as simple as trying a completely different cuisine, to a mild trek. So, let me try following this every week from now on, and lets see if I could come up with a list of new experiences. 

I started with it today itself, and read a book in McDonald's. I have always seen people at coffee houses and the McDonald's reading books, staying there for hours. I have always envied them, and thought of finding enough time to do so myself some times. Well, today I did it - I read a book there today. And there were two more firsts as well - (a) it was the first book I read on my iPhone (on its iBooks application, which is really cool) and, (b) it was my first Charles Dickens novel. Planning to read 'A Tale Of Two Cities' sometime soon. 

On the book, its a classic and there is nothing I could write about it which hasn't been written earlier. A part of this book was included in our Class 9 english text book - though at that point of time I had no clue about the book or its author. It a smooth read, one which can be finished in a few hours. 

Update: I forgot to mention the name of the book - 'The Christmas Carol'. 

No comments: