July 29, 2007

Federer vs Nadal

A year back I was a great fan of Roger Federer. I always believed that there is a lot I could learn from him. He was my idea of a perfect role model. He was an awesome player with all the shots in the book, was equally strong on backhands and forehands, and finally was a very good human being off the court.

A year later I admire Nadal more. Don't exactly know the reasons, may be you always favor the 2nd best. You feel for him, want him to succeed. Nadal seems to be the guy with an imperfect range of shots, can't really match Federer stroke for stroke. And thats what makes him much more admirable. His is a story of living with your limitations, and yet strive to be the best.

I believe I can't be perfect, I can never be a Federer. But atleast I can be like Nadal, living up with my limitations, and yet never lose it.

No comments: