January 6, 2011

Winters in HK

Winters are an awesome time to be in Hong Kong - it looks really beautiful around that time. Its not all that cold, and has a nice chilly breeze blowing for almost whole of the day. There are days when the sun comes out as well - making it all the more awesome. People are dressed in black coats and over-coats, its really quite different than the scene back in India. Foreign locations are very clean, and hence look great. The otherwise very colorful dressings are replaced by black mostly, but it looks awesome nonetheless. 

On a different note, was thinking about the sundry things you miss about India when you are abroad. And its an irony that I miss Indian Chinese, and Indian Pizza more than pure Indian cuisines. One can find Indian cuisines at foreign locations, but am yet to locate Indian style foreign cuisine. May be, I would need to be back in India to get my hands on them. That makes me someone who eats Indian here in HK, and Chinese/Italian in India - such is life!

2 comments:

Nightflier said...

hehe..I always used to think that I liked the chinese food in India more than what my chinese roommates used to cook! :D

SK said...

No, there are many more I know. The local cuisine here is so very bland - the base is water (as against oil in India)...